When an accident, work injury, medical mistake, or any other negligent act causes a victim to lose his or her vision the victim’s life is instantly changed forever. The victim and those close to the victim must cope with the immediate changes to every day life, and medical and care costs can be high. Our vision loss injury lawyers can help you or your loved get the compensation you deserve after suffering an injury that caused deafness.
Most vision loss injuries are a result of a brain injury (More common vision loss causes). There are different types of vision loss and they can vary in severity. The type or the severity of vision loss is dependent on which area of the brain was harmed and how severely it was harmed.
Some of the different kinds of vision impairment caused by brain injuries include:
- Visual field defects causes the victim’s field of vision to be cut in half in both eyes. Homonymous hemianopia is the most common visual field defect.
- Double vision, also called diplopia, causes the victim to see one object as two and the multiple visions cannot be merged together
- Fluctuating vision causes the victim’s sight to be variable. One day the victim may be able to see something clearly and the next day the victim will not be able to see the same thing at all.
- Visual acuity problems cause the victim to have difficulty seeing clearly or understanding/interpreting what they are seeing.
- Eye movement problems cause the victim’s eyes to flicker around even when trying to focus or look at something steadily.
- Strabismus, or squinting, causes victims to have trouble aligning one or both eyes.
If you or a loved one are the victim of a traumatic brain injury that caused vision loss, please, contact our Pennsylvania vision loss injury lawyers by calling 1-800-444-5309 now for a free consultation. The attorneys at The Pisanchyn Law Firm want to help you and your loved ones after the tragedy you have experienced. We, along with our team of medical and legal experts, will fight to get you the compensation and justice you deserve.