Internal Organ Damage Types
There are several different types of internal organ damage and/or injuries. More often than not, internal organ damage, regardless of the type, is caused by the negligence of another. If this is the cause for your internal organ damage, you should consult with our Pennsylvania internal organ damage lawyers today as we can help get you the compensation you deserve after this life-changing injury.
The most common types of internal organ damage include the following:
- Abdominal aorta rupture- this is a very serious condition that is life threatening. Abdominal aorta rupture can occur from the body hitting hard off of an object as well as being pinned up against said object, such a steering wheel, causing the stomach be severely compressed.
- Broken Ribs- while ribs are not organs, a fractured or broken rib could cause an organ to be punctured. Broken ribs commonly cause lungs to puncture.
- Ruptured spleen- A ruptured spleen is a very severe injury and urgent removal of the spleen is often needed for a successful recovery. Damage to the spleen causes symptoms such as: severe internal bleeding, low blood pressure, weak pulse, and upper left abdominal pain that may spread to the shoulder.
- Kidneys- Kidney damage can occur as a result of blunt trauma to the abdomen. The most common indicator of kidney damage is blood in the urine.
- Liver- Blunt trauma to the abdomen can also cause liver damage. Pain in the upper right region of the abdomen, significant blood loss, distended abdomen, and a weak pulse are indicators that one has suffered liver damage.
- Bowels- abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, muscle tenderness, and shock could be indicators of bowel damage after the victim has experienced any kind of trauma to the abdomen.
- Internal Bleeding- Internal organ damage is not limited to the above listed organs. Any kind of accident or negligent act that results in internal injury could put the victim at risk for internal bleeding and even death. Internal damage is not always easy to identify. Symptoms of internal bleeding include abdominal pain, fatigue, lightheadedness, and thirst.
If you or a loved one is suffering or has suffered from any of the above internal organ damage types, please, contact our Pennsylvania internal organ damage lawyers by calling 1-800-444-5309 or email us now for a free consultation. Our Pennsylvania internal organ damage Lawyers can help you and your loved ones after the tragedy you have experienced. We, along with our team of medical and legal experts, will fight to get you the compensation and justice you deserve.